Meeting of Subcommittee on Disqualification
1. Call to order
2. Adoption of previous meeting minutes
3. Discussion of disqualification topics
This remote meeting may be viewed live on the LCC-3 YouTube channel.
1. PERA; Restores segmented annuities to members who have breaks in public employment.
Testifiers: Amy Strenge, Policy Coordinator, Public Employees Retirement Association
Diane Edwards, PERA member (Letter, Administrative Law Judge Recommendation)
2. PERA, MSRS; Continuing payment of annuity to health care workers who return to employment from retirement or continue employment on a phased retirement agreement.
Testifiers: Becca Lundberg, CRNA, Hennepin Healthcare
Amy Strenge, Policy Coordinator, Public Employees Retirement Association
3. Requires the Department of Labor and Industry to study benefit adequacy for disabled or injured police officers.
Testifiers: Wendy Wulff (Presentation)
Kate Daly, Assistant Commissioner, Workers’ Compensation, Dpt. Labor & Industry
Ethan Landy, General Counsel, Office of General Counsel, Dpt. Labor & Industry
Letter in support, Brian Peters, Minnesota Police and Peace Officers Association
Fiscal Note, HF1577
4. Requires volunteer firefighters relief association special fund assets to be invested with the State Board of Investment
Testifiers: State Board of Investment
-John Mulé, Director of Legal and Policy Services
-Erol Sonderegger, Assistant Exec. Director, Portfolio Management and Risk Analysis
State Auditor Julie Blaha
Chief BJ Jungmann, Legislative Chair, MN State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA)
Chief Ed Hoffman, Owatonna Fire Dpt, & volunteer firefighter for N. Mankato FD.
Dave Yurczyk, President, Minnesota State Fire Departments Association President,
Letter, Kevin Hruby, Vice President, Minnetonka Firefighter’s Relief Association
Report, Office of the State Auditor, 2019 Financial and Investment Report of Volunteer Fire Relief Associations
5. MSRS; Military service purchases similar to the PERA provisions for service credit purchases that are not federally protected.
Testifiers: Mike LeDoux, President of MN State Patrol Trooper’s Association
Glen Bihler, State Patrol Trooper and Army Veteran
Letter, Caleb Silgjord, Vice President, MN Conservation Officers Association
Letter, James Kotten, State Trooper and Marine Corps veteran
Letter, Matthew J Frericks, Veteran and law enforcement officer
Letter, Representative Dale Lueck
Letter, Wayne Hatlestad, President, MN Conservation Officers Association
6. MSRS; Permits the survivor of a deceased state employee to purchase service credit to receive an annuity death benefit.
Testifiers: Susan Morimoto
Devin Bruce, Public Affairs Coordinator, MN Association of Professional Employees
*PUBLIC VIEWING INFORMATION: This meeting may be viewed live on the LCC YouTube page.
TESTIFYING: To testify or submit written testimony on any agenda item, please contact Commission staff at email@example.com by 5:00 PM on Monday, February 7, and identify the agenda item.
ACCESSIBILITY/ACCOMMODATION: To comment on accessibility to meeting information, please submit comments using the Accessibility Comment Form. To request an accommodation, please visit FAQs for Disability Access or contact the Legislative Coordinating Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEETING DOCUMENTS will be posted on the Commission website at www.lcpr.mn.gov/mtgnotice.
This meeting will be held in accordance with Legislative Coordinating Commission guidelines.