Rep. Mike Sundin
I. HF3212 (Kiel) Ag Innovation Campus funding provided, and money appropriated.
- Mike Skaug, President, Minnesota Soybean Growers Association
- Tom Slunecka, CEO, Ag Management Solutions
II. HF3751 (Hansen) Pesticide and fertilizer coatings prohibited that are not readily biodegradable.
- Sarah Erickson, Lobbyist United Strategies
III. BILL ADDED HF3878 (N. Nelson) Modifying membership of the Food Safety and Defense Task Force
- Tamara Nelsen, Executive Director, MN AgriGrowth Council
IV. BILL ADDED HF3999 (Lippert) Regional and local food system report funding provided, report required, and money appropriated.
- Lori D. Cox, Owner/Operator, Roots Return Heritage Farm, LLC
- Julia Wickham – Legislative Coordinator, Minnesota Farmers Union
V. Update on Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI)
- Dr. Beth Thompson, Executive Director, Board of Animal Health
- Thom Petersen, Commissioner, Dept. of Agriculture
- Lucia Hunt, MDA, Office of Emergency Preparedness and Response Director
- Bruce Kleven, MN Turkey Growers Assn and the Chicken and Egg Assn of MN
PUBLIC TESTIMONY: If you would like to sign up to testify, email Nancy.email@example.com no later than 1:00 PM, Tuesday, March 8. Depending on the number of people who sign up, testimony may be limited to 2 minutes/per person. Please use the same email and deadline to submit written testimony (in PDF file format).
MEETING DOCUMENTS: Meeting documents will be posted on the House Agriculture Committee website at https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/Committees/Home/92001
AMENDMENTS: Deadline for amendments is 4:00 PM, Tuesday, March 8.
This remote hearing may be viewed via the House webcast schedule page: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/htv/schedule.asp
All events are closed-captioned.
To provide feedback on digital accessibility of meeting information, please submit comments through the Minnesota Legislature Accessibility & Usability Comment Form
. If you require an accommodation, please contact John Howe at: John.Howe@house.mn
or by leaving a message at 651-296-3208. Please do not contact him with questions about the substance of the meeting agenda. To learn more about requesting an accommodation, please visit the FAQs for Disability Access
This remote hearing is taking place pursuant to Rule 10.01, which you may view here: https://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/cco/rules/permrule/permrule.asp